CEO Mary Barra must remain face of GM recall, experts say.
If history provides any guidance, sales damage from the messy ignition switch recall by General Motors likely will be muted but, experts say, the automaker must continue to move quickly and decisively through the crisis. David Johnson, CEO of Atlanta-based consultant Strategic Vision and a crisis communications specialist, says the automaker’s efforts to be publicly transparent about the problem have been successful so far. “They are out in front and they own the story,” he ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"History Suggests GM Recall Unlikely to Sink Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.