Avante accounts for 40% of Hyundai’s domestic sales.
Unionized workers at Kia join their counterparts at affiliate Hyundai in staging a 4-hour work stoppage Aug. 21, raising the auto makers’ combined production loss to an estimated 5,500 units valued at 1.09 trillion won ($98 million). Analysts say the two 4-hour partial strikes against Hyundai held Aug. 20-21 by Korea Metal Workers Union members resulted in 4,200 units of lost production worth 87 billion won ($78 million). Kia officials tell WardsAuto that production losses from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Partial Strike Extends From Hyundai to Kia Affiliate" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.