’14 Ram heavy-duty begins production in third-quarter.
CHELSEA, MI – Ram adds an all-new 6.4L Hemi V-8 to its heavy-duty lineup alongside its 5.7L Hemi V-8 and 6.7L Cummins diesel. The auto maker says the new gasoline-powered engine, available in both 2500 and 3500 pickups and chassis cabs, is the largest in its segment. The standard-model 5.7L Hemi in the 2500 prices at $29,600. Upgrading to the 6.4L Hemi V-8 adds $1,495 to the sticker. The 6.4L mates with a variable-valve transmission with cylinder deactivation and delivers 410 hp ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ram Adds New 6.4L Engine to Heavy-Duty Line" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.