V40 Cross Country imports to expand auto maker’s India lineup.
MUMBAI – Volvo India sold 820 cars here in 2012, but the Swedish auto maker’s subsidiary is setting its goal considerably higher than that. “We aim to sell 20,000 cars by 2020,” Managing Director Tomas Emberg says. That would be roughly a 13% share of the country’s luxury-car market, which is expected to reach 150,000 deliveries that year. Volvo’s India sales target for 2013 is 1,200 units. Volvo’s cars are imported into India completely ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo Setting Ambitious Sales Goals in India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642