By Aniruddha Basu MUMBAI, June 27 (Reuters) - Indian auto parts makers are fighting lower margins with their backs to the wall as input prices soar and this week's unexpected rate hike by the central bank adding more fuel to the inflation fire. Companies are looking at new joint ventures, price increases and cost cuts amid flagging demand from automakers, themselves hurt by sluggish sales. "It's going to be a difficult year as demand for vehicles is likely to fall further due to high ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Auto parts cos fight shrinking margins as prices soar" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.