NEW DELHI, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Indian auto and auto parts makers need to innovate and modernise to remain globally competitive, the finance ministry's annual survey said on Tuesday. The Economic Survey for 2006/07 presented by Finance Minister Palaniappan Chidambaram in Parliament said 17.18 billion rupees were invested during the year to set up testing labs for safety and emission norms.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Auto sector needs to innovate, modernise - survey" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.