DETROIT, Dec 27 (Reuters) - Automobile Magazine on Wednesday named the Volkswagen AG GTI as its 2007 car of the year, one of a series of year-end industry awards that automakers use to support their marketing efforts. Gavin Conway, editor-in-chief of Automobile Magazine, said the sporty version of the VW Golf, now in its fifth generation, was the unanimous pick of the magazine's senior editors because of the way it combined performance and affordability. Starting at under $23,000, the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Automobile Magazine names VW GTI 2007 car of year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642