* Wants to make sure it can process all its sales in time * Sold more than 10,500 cars, trucks with clunker rebates CHICAGO, Aug 23 (Reuters) - AutoNation Inc , the largest U.S. chain of auto dealers, decided to end its "cash for clunkers" rebates as of Friday night, three days ahead of the government's Monday deadline, The Wall Street Journal reported. The program, aimed at boosting vehicle sales while helping the environment, offers rebates of up to $4,500 to car buyers trading in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AutoNation ends 'cash for clunker' sales early-WSJ" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642