DETROIT, Aug 28 (Reuters) - Car dealership group AutoNation Inc. Chief Executive Mike Jackson said on Tuesday that the U.S. economy is in danger of slipping into a recession unless the Federal Reserve moves aggressively to cut interest rates. "I think we are at a tipping point," Jackson told Reuters in an interview. "They have to recognize that they are bringing into play a recession for this economy." "They need to begin to cut rates, not just once but several times," he said of U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AutoNation says US faces recession absent rate cut" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.