AUTOSHOW-Car industry struggles to ween drivers off oil By Tom Pfeiffer PARIS, Sept 23 (Reuters) - Camera flashes will illuminate sleek new sheetmetal at the Paris auto show this week, but for most of the vehicles to be unveiled, the novelty will be only skin deep. Underneath the bold shapes, multiple air bags and satellite navigation aids, the car's basic principle -- based on Karl Benz's internal combustion engine -- is little changed after 117 years. They still need to burn oil to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AUTOSHOW-Car industry struggles to ween drivers off oil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.