GENEVA, Feb 28 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler's Smart small-car business is ramping up production of its two-seat ForTwo model, given solid demand, Smart division head Ulrich Walker said on Tuesday. "We have just raised the production number for this year compared to what was planned," he told reporters at the Geneva car show. He did not give an exact number. The next generation of Smart ForTwo is due out next year. Walker did not say if it would be sold in the U.S. market. He ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AUTOSHOW-Daimler's Smart ramps up ForTwo output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.