By Michael Steen PARIS, Sept 27 (Reuters) - With rising oil prices and tighter restrictions on fuel emissions, now might not seem to be the best time for European carmakers to start pushing gas-guzzling monsters with the aerodynamics of a brick. But that is exactly what they are doing at this week's Paris motor show, aiming to hitch a ride from their U.S. counterparts who have created a booming market for spacious four-wheel drive vehicles, dubbed sports utility vehicles or SUVs. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AUTOSHOW-Europeans carmakers target offroad market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642