PARIS, Sept 23 (Reuters) - A Fiat Panda engineered by Ferrari? That's the future Fiat Chairman Luca di Montezemolo is mapping out at the Italian carmaker. Montezemolo has put together a team of technicians from Fiat's bright red racing car unit to translate their front-of-the-grid technology onto basic city cars that sell for about two percent of Ferrari's top-of-the-range roadsters. "It could throw up various useful improvements in electronics, aerodynamics etc," Montezemolo, who is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AUTOSHOW-Ferrari technicians to boost Fiat runarounds" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.