PARIS, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co Chairman and Chief Executive Bill Ford Jr. said on Wednesday that he sees no end to Detroit's brutal price wars any time soon. Spending by Detroit's Big Three automakers on incentives -- including generous cash rebates and interest-free loans -- to lure customers into showrooms may ease up a bit, Ford said. But he added that incentives, which erode automakers' profits, were an irrevocable part of doing business in an ever more competitive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AUTOSHOW-Ford CEO sees no end to Detroit price war" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.