* Cites financial crisis * To roll out self-made higher-end car in months By Fang Yan and Alison Leung GUANGZHOU, Nov 23 (Reuters) - Changan Automobile Group, China's No. 3 automaker, said on Monday it had slowed down plans to set up a Mexican plant but remained committed to breaking into the North American market. "We are still doing market research there. There won't be any big investment for the time being," Zhu Huarong, head of Changan's research and development division, told ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AUTOSHOW-INTERVIEW-China Changan slows N America mkt entry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.