(Adds further quotes, detail) By Madeline Chambers and Michael Steen PARIS, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Top executives at the U.S. arm of German automaker DaimlerChrysler AG on Thursday pledged to continue cutting costs after meeting next year's goals in a bid to achieve long term profit growth for the unit. The Chrysler unit chiefs, ahead of schedule on a restructuring plan that had envisaged break even at the end of this year, also hinted they may exceed their target of posting a two billion ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AUTOSHOW-INTERVIEW-UPDATE 1-Daimler's Chrysler to cut more costs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.