By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent PARIS, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co. will focus on the premium end of each vehicle segment in Europe to fend off Korean competition and ensure continued growth in the tough European market, a top executive said on Thursday. "In the past, we were squarely in the mass-market areas where competition is fierce, especially with Korean makers coming forward," said Honda Motor Europe President Shigeru Takagi. "We want to move upscale, and this ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AUTOSHOW-Japan's Honda moves upscale for European growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.