By Marcel Michelson and Helen Massy-Beresford PARIS, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Carmakers will make fuel efficiency a sales mantra at the Paris auto show next week when they tout new models to a customer base whose numbers and budgets have shrunk in the face of financial turmoil and high oil prices. Tighter finances and new emissions rules look set to favour the sale of smaller models and engines, while the industry's revenue base may also be impacted by slowing growth in emerging markets, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AUTOSHOW-Small is beautiful as carmakers, buyers eye budgets" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.