By Michael Shields and Chang-Ran Kim PARIS, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Japan's Toyota Motor Corp is prepared in the short term to sacrifice profit margins in western Europe in its drive to meet carbon emissions targets, its European chief told Reuters on Thursday. It will still make fatter margins in fast-growing eastern Europe, Tadashi Arashima said at the Paris car show. Japanese carmakers have promised the European Union they will reduce average carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from new cars ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AUTOSHOW-Toyota eager to hit CO2 targets in Europe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.