By Michael Steen PARIS, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG, Europe's biggest carmaker, took the wraps off its new sports utility vehicle (SUV) at the Paris motor show on Thursday, insisting that its late entry into a booming but crowded market segment would not hinder sales. VW is showing off the new bulbous Touareg luxury offroader, named after an African tribe that lives in the desert, several years after rival carmakers sparked a craze for SUVs in the United States. "The market will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AUTOSHOW-Trailing the pack, VW unveils new offroader" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.