(Adds CFO, Europe executive comments) PARIS, Sept 28 (Reuters) - General Motors is seriously considering boosting car exports from Europe, including to its key U.S. market, to help boost productivity at its European sites, a senior GM executive said on Thursday. "We may export more vehicles from Europe," GM Europe President Carl-Peter Forster told reporters on the sidelines of the Paris car show. He added GM would make a decision on the plan by the end of this year or early in 2007. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AUTOSHOW-UPDATE 1-GM says may boost exports from Europe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.