(Adds background in paras 4-7) PARIS, Sept 23 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co. has decided to build its next-generation European family car to replace the current Almera model at its Sunderland plant in the UK starting in Jan. 2006, a top official said on Thursday. Nissan plans to manufacture around 100,000 units per year of the new model, the Tone, which the Japanese carmaker unveiled at the Paris Motor Show. "The decision to manufacture the production version of Tone in the UK ... ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AUTOSHOW-UPDATE 1-Nissan picks UK for new European car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.