(Adds details on sales) NEW YORK, JAN 8 - Volkswagen aims to sell more than 500,000 vehicles in the United States this year, surpassing the half-million mark for the first time in 39 years on the back of its new Passat and Beetle models. Reaching the half-million mark equates to double-digit sales growth for Europe's biggest carmaker in the U.S. market, the second-biggest in the world after China. Jonathan Browning, Chief Executive of Volkswagen Group of America, told a news conference that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AUTOSHOW-UPDATE 1-Volkswagen eyes 2012 US sales above 500,000 cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.