(Adds new quotes, analyst comment, updates shares) By Madeline Chambers PARIS, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Loss-making Italian carmaker Fiat signalled on Wednesday it was moving towards deeper cost reductions to deal with significant excess capacity. Fiat Auto Chief Executive Giancarlo Boschetti would not rule out further job cuts, saying the firm was struggling with excess capacity of 20 to 30 percent while working to maintain its product investment spending. "If you reduce capacity by 20 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AUTOSHOW-UPDATE 2-Fiat Auto signals deeper cost cuts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642