(Rewrites with new VW CEO comments, updates shares) By Jan Schwartz PARIS/FRANKFURT, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Carmaker Volkswagen would like to see a truck alliance with Germany's MAN AG and Sweden's Scania , VW Chief Executive Bernd Pischetsrieder said on Thursday. A prerequisite for such an alliance, into which VW would be ready to bring its own heavy trucks unit, would be that MAN AG withdraws its 9.6 billion euro ($12.2 billion) takeover bid for Scania, Pischetsrieder said at the Paris ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AUTOSHOW-UPDATE 3-VW wants 3-way truck alliance with MAN, Scania" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642