GUANGZHOU, China, Nov 22 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG plans to more than triple its sales in south China to over half a million vehicles by 2018 as part its strategy to double its sales to 2 million units in mainland China and Hong Kong by that time, its China chief said on Sunday. Europe's largest automaker expects to sell about 1.4 million vehicles in mainland China and Hong Kong this year, up over 35 percent from 2008, Winfried Vahland, president and CEO of Volkswagen's China operation ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AUTOSHOW-Volkswagen plans to triple south China sales by 2018" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.