PARIS, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Swedish-based car maker Volvo, owned by Ford Motor Co , has set a recruitment freeze that could reduce its workforce by up to 1,000 people in coming months, a Volvo spokesman said on Thursday. The spokesman said a hiring freeze had been announced in mid-August and there were currently 498 open positions that would not be filled. He added that in a normal year, staff turnover amounts to 200 to 500 jobs. "We will get close to 1,000 jobs that will not be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AUTOSHOW-Volvo may lose 1,000 jobs through hiring freeze" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642