PARIS, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Volkswagen would like to see a truck alliance between Germany's MAN AG and Sweden's Scania , Volkswagen Chief Executive Bernd Pischetsrieder said on Thursday. A prerequisite for such an alliance, into which VW would be ready to bring its own heavy trucks unit, would be that MAN AG withdraws its 9.6-billion-euro ($12.2 billion) takeover bid for Scania, Pischetsrieder said at the Paris auto show. Volkswagen controls 34 percent of votes in Scania and is not going ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AUTOSHOW-VW CEO wants truck alliance with MAN AG, Scania" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.