MOSCOW, April 27 (Reuters) - Avtovaz , Russia's top automaker, incurred a 38.6 billion rouble ($1.33 billion) loss in recession-hit 2009 but is counting on a rapid recovery thanks to state car sector aid, its president was quoted as saying on Tuesday. "Analysts had forecast a loss at the 1 billion euro ($1.33 billion) level. And so it will be, around 38.6 billion roubles," Igor Komarov told Kommersant business daily in an interview. "These are unhappy numbers, but we do not hide them ... ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Avtovaz eyes recovery after $1.3 bln 2009 loss" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.