TOGLIATTI, Russia, March 30 (Reuters) - Russia's largest car maker AvtoVAZ can expect over 20 billion roubles in state funds and should attract a further 90 billion itself, Russia's Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said on Monday. He told a meeting with AvtoVAZ's workers the factory needed the money to pay debts to parts suppliers and redeem other debts. The shares of AvtoVAZ were up 27 percent at 0908 GMT. (Reporting by Anton Doroshev, writing by Dmitry Zhdannikov; editing by Melissa Akin)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AvtoVAZ to get over 20 bln rbls state help - Putin" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.