WASHINGTON, April 28 (Reuters) - A deal has been reached for banks that hold debt of troubled automaker Chrysler Corp. to write down its value, a source familiar with the matter said on Tuesday. "We do have an agreement with the four principal banks in the Chrysler bank group under which they will forgo their...$6.9 billion of claims against Chrysler in return for $2 billion of cash at closing," the source said. (Reporting by Caren Bohan, Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Banks agree to write down Chrysler debt-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.