JOHANNESBURG, Nov 20 (Reuters) - South African brand management group Barloworld said on Thursday it had made a firm cash and share offer to acquire the 65.3 percent of Avis it does not already own for a total 1.42 billion rand ($215.4 million). In a joint statement, Barloworld and Avis said Barloworld would pay 1.085 billion rand in cash and 335 million rand in Barloworld shares, in a deal that values 100 percent of Avis at about 2.175 billion rand.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Barloworld makes Avis takeover bid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.