COLUMBUS, Ohio, Nov 30 (Reuters) - Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, whose efforts to spur U.S. economic growth are under fire internationally and at home, on Tuesday said extended high unemployment could exact a high social cost. "There are obviously very severe economic and social consequences from this level of unemployment," Bernanke said at an event hosted by Ohio State University's Fisher College of Business. "So getting new jobs, getting unemployment down is of an incredible ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bernanke says lowering joblessness very important" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.