HAMBURG, Dec 21 (Reuters) - Volkswagen brand group chief Wolfgang Bernhard has set a target for the group's main VW brand to boost productivity sharply in 2007, a German newspaper reported on Thursday, citing an internal company memo. "As for costs, this means in concrete terms a further productivity gain of 10 percent through the comprehensive introduction of the VW production system, boosting efficiency in indirect areas and net savings of 1 billion euros on material costs," the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bernhard seeks 10 pct productivity gain at VW-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.