JOHANNESBURG, May 23 (Reuters) - Mining group BHP Billiton said on Friday it had been hit by power cuts earlier this week at its smelters, but added that the interruptions to supply lasted a short duration and did not affect output. BHP spokesman Maredi Mogodi told Reuters the cuts lasted just below an hour, and a loss of power for about two hours or more would have led to production declines. He said the cuts were as a result of South African state utility Eskom [ESCJ.J] being unable to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BHP says aluminium plants hit by power cuts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.