FRANKFURT, Feb 25 (Reuters) - A gas explosion at Porsche's Zuffenhausen plant on Monday has put a halt to its 911 sports car production for at least 48 hours. "Assembly of the 911 model line will be idled for at least two to three days based on preliminary estimates. The daily production capacity is currently 160 units," the company said in a statement. A spokesman for Porsche said the company expects it can recoup the lost production in the course of the year by negotiating Saturday ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Blast halts Porsche 911 production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.