By Michael Shields, European Auto Correspondent MUNICH, Germany, June 24 (Reuters) - BMW is betting that small is beautiful by launching the new 1-series luxury compact car in a bid to capture a younger audience with an eye for prestigious brands and money to spend. Scaled down but not downscale, the 1-series goes on sale in September as the German auto maker's first entry into the compact car market -- the biggest in the industry with around 12 million vehicles a year moving out of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW aims for young audience with new 1-series" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.