By Vithoon Amorn BANGKOK, July 29 (Reuters) - German luxury car maker BMW AG unveiled its expansion plans for Asia on Monday, saying the region will be the main area of growth over the next decade. Norbert Reithofer, board member for global production, said BMW would start assembly and export of its flagship 7-Series limousines from its Thai assembly plant in Rayong in early 2003. "We strongly feel that the growth of the world automotive markets in the next 10 years, especially that of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW eyes Asian market expansion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.