By Michael Ellis DETROIT, Sept 25 (Reuters) - German automaker BMW AG will announce on Thursday plans to invest $400 million to expand its Spartanburg, South Carolina plant, where it builds the X5 sport utility vehicle and will make the new Z4 roadster, BMW officials familiar with the plan said. The announcement coincides with the official unveiling of the Z4 at the Paris auto show. The racy Z4, which features BMW's new controversial styling, replaces the classic-looking Z3 roadster, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW to invest $400 million in S. Carolina plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642