SPARTANBURG, S.C., Sept 26 (Reuters) - German automaker BMW AG said on Thursday it will invest $400 million to expand its Spartanburg, South Carolina plant, where it builds the X5 sport utility vehicle and the new Z4 roadster. BMW, Germany's third largest automaker, said the expansion which will create 400 new jobs, will expand capacity at the plant to more than 150,000 vehicles annually from more 120,000 previously. The expansion is part of BMW's efforts to grow its sales worldwide by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW invests $400 mln to expand S. Carolina plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642