MUNICH, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Luxury German carmaker BMW AG said on Friday it was recalling 164,000 of its X5 sports utility vehicles (SUVs) worldwide due to a fault with the brake hose, a move that would cost up to five million euros. A spokesman said the recall affected cars built between August 1999 and April 2002. He said the brake hose in some of the cars could come loose over the front axle which could theoretically lead to damage and a loss of brake fluid. BMW said it was not aware ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW recalls 164,000 X5 off-roaders worldwide" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642