FRANKFURT, April 29 (Reuters) - BMW Chief Financial Officer Michael Ganal suggested risk provisions it had built to reflect a decline in used car prices could also be released should the market for formerly leased vehicles improve. In the first quarter, BMW had increased risk provisions by 236 million euros ($367.6 million) and had already booked in 2007 a charge in its accounts amounting to a further 529 million. He told a conference call with analysts on Tuesday the company's forecast ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW says risk provisions might be released in 2008" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642