BRASILIA, Brazil, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Thousands of Brazilian metalworkers at Volkswagen AG , Ford Motor Co. and other vehicle plants voted to strike on Tuesday after rejecting a pay deal from an industry recovering from weak sales and layoffs. Brazil's powerful ABC Metalworkers union said up to 32,000 workers would take part in strikes at Volkswagen, Ford and Scania plants on Wednesday and also disrupt work at a Mercedes Benz factory. "Tomorrow Volkswagen, Scania and Ford plants will be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Brazil auto workers vote to strike" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.