By Antony Currie NEW YORK, Sept 28 (Reuters Breakingviews) - The new UAW contract with GM eschews the overly generous benefits of the past for more measured terms. Deals with Chrysler and Ford may be tougher. But Detroit's near-death experience and the UAW's stakes in two of the big three have taught the union the benefits of restraint. Full view will be published shortly. Get Breakingviews alerts directly to your inbox three times a day. To sign up click here: ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BREAKINGVIEWS-Auto workers adapt to life as Motown shareholders" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.