By Wei Gu HONG KONG, Feb 28 (Reuters Breakingviews) - Excluding foreign brands from new government orders looks unfair. But domestic overproduction, and the image of privileged Audi-driving officials, have created a political dilemma. When growth slows, concerns at home can seem more important than keeping trade partners happy. Full view will be published shortly. CONTEXT NEWS -- China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology released its annual draft policy regarding government ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BREAKINGVIEWS-"Buy China" auto drive not just protectionism" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.