By Jeff Glekin MUMBAI, Jan 31 (Reuters Breakingviews) - So far, India's economic growth has looked more to services than manufacturing. But balance is needed and carmakers may provide a blueprint. With low barriers to foreign capital, India is set to become the third largest car maker in the world and could become a major exporter. Full view will be published shortly. CONTEXT NEWS -- Overseas investment in India rose for the first time in three years in 2011, Ernst & Young reported on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BREAKINGVIEWS-Carmakers show Indian manufacturers can compete" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642