(The author is a Reuters Breakingviews columnist. The opinions expressed are his own) By Jeff Glekin MUMBAI, Jan 31 (Reuters Breakingviews) - So far, economic development in the world's largest democracy has focused on services more than manufacturing. But India needs balance and carmakers provide an example to follow. India's manufacturing sector makes up only 16 percent of its GDP. This needs this to increase if the country is to find jobs for its huge population. Yet on the back of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BREAKINGVIEWS-Carmakers show Indian manufacturers can compete" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.