By Antony Currie NEW YORK, July 30 (Reuters Breakingviews) - Car parts maker Magna is paying its chairman, Frank Stronach, $1 bln to relinquish voting control, setting a bar for the likes of the Redstones, Fords and Murdochs. Breakingviews imagines an advisor counseling supervoting shareholders on how much their votes could be worth. A considered view will be published shortly. CONTEXT NEWS -- On July 23, 75 percent of common stockholders of Magna International voted to approve the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BREAKINGVIEWS-Control freak bosses finally get buyout benchmark" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.