By Alexander Smith LONDON, Sept 22 (Reuters Breakingviews) - A mooted approach by the German carmaker for its Italian rival's trucks and engines makes sense. Fiat's plan to reveal value by splitting its cars and industrial business appears to have worked. Consolidation is overdue, although Daimler may face some antitrust issues here. A considered view will be published shortly. CONTEXT NEWS -- German carmaker Daimler is interested in buying Fiat's industrial unit when it is spun off ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BREAKINGVIEWS-Daimler interest shows sense of Fiat demerger" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642