By Antony Currie NEW YORK, June 30 (Reuters Breakingviews) - The automaker is paying off $3 bln of healthcare debt early, soon after repaying a similar amount of loans. That keeps the union and the banks happy. And it's good news for shareholders, too. Using cash to reduce liabilities reduces the chances of a dilutive stock issue. A considered view will be published shortly. CONTEXT NEWS -- Ford Motor is paying off early $2.9 billion of the money it owes the UAW healthcare trust ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BREAKINGVIEWS-Ford's debt deal spreads the love" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.